Construction Director (Hotels) - PMC
United Arab Emirates | Permanent
Our Global Project Management consultancy client has a new requirement for a well experienced consultant Construction Director to join their team in Abu Dhabi to work on a high profile luxury hotel refurbishment and fit out project. Successful candidates will have a proven background as a Senior or Construction Director on large scale and high end hotel fit out or refurbishment projects in the UAE and the wider GCC.
This role is available for immediate joining and is a direct hire, permanent placement with our client.
- The Construction Director (CD) is responsible for the allocated project to ensure the highest level of service to the client. You will oversee, monitor and coordinate the project to ensure it is completed on or before time, to budget and to the specified quality standards. As a senior member of the team, you will provide leadership and managerial support to your direct reports, foster team work both within the project team and the client generally, provide technical inputs to project teams and ensure that the client’s objectives are delivered
- Implement a high-level and effective project/construction management framework that plans and defines the works schedule.
- Define and implement tools that will assist in the control and management of the project.
- Co-ordinate and direct contractors to ensure schedules and targets are achieved throughout the project lifecycle.
- Lead and oversee any opportunity for value management in conjunction with the appointed contractor/consultant team.
- Have awareness of the project budget, including risk allowance.
- Monitor and control changes/variations following approval by Client
- Monitor compliance with construction program and identify opportunities for improved delivery.
- Proactively identify potential problems, conflicts, design and delivery issues using risk management tools and skills to mitigate impact on the project
- Protect Clients contractual position at all times and bring to the attention of the Project Director any issues of a political or commercially sensitive nature
- Ensure company policies and procedures are followed where applicable.
- Establish the project site and facilities in coordination with the hotel operations team and appointed contractor
- Oversee the effective operation of the site through conducting regular site visits and quality checks
- Invest in sound people management principles to ensure that the team of staff, contractors and stakeholders works well and provides a supportive environment for the achievement of project and individual objectives
- Managing the welfare and motivation of direct reports, such as Construction Managers, Assistant Managers and Administration Assistants providing leadership, guidance and encouragement
- Provide input and feedback to the Project Director on possible issue and conflicts at the project site.
- Be aware of the project contract and use were necessary to ensure the appointed contractor is compliant with terms and conditions as necessary.
- Chair meetings and ensure minutes are actioned in a timely manner.
- Provide timely regular and accurate reporting on the project for input into the project defined reporting process.
- Review and provide input on monthly contractor’s payment applications, variations and invoices.
- Actively seek and implement strategies to improve the client’s position in regard to return and value.
- Identity and resolve disputes quickly and reasonably.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with client representatives, consultants, contractors and adjoining property owners.
- Manage and coordinate the project handover phase with contractors, client contractors, tenants and building managers.
- In addition to your project role, as a representative of the Company, you will use your best endeavors to communicate potential business development opportunities to the Company and to actively promote the interests of the Company within the industry.
- Manage and coordinate the inputs of project stakeholders and appointed contractor to ensure the successful delivery of the project.
- Network effectively, negotiate well and influence people, broker relationships with stakeholders within and outside the project.
Construction Director Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Construction and/or similar related discipline
- 15 years post qualification experience in Construction Management at least 5-8 in a recognised supervision consultancy
- Completed minimum 3 major hospitality projects from inception to handover
- Managed multiple contractors across a project scope at any one time
- Experience of working in Middle East is essential
Interested candidates are invited to share their up to date CV and details directly to email@example.com for further review and process
Date Posted: 08 Sep 2023