Design Coordinator - Main Contractor
United Arab Emirates | Permanent
Our Multi National Main Contracting client has a new requirement for a well experienced, all round Design Coordinator to join their team in Dubai, UAE to work on a variety of new build projects in the Emirates. Successful candidates will have a proven background as a Design Coordinator in the UAE and the wider GCC and a proven background working in a recognised Main Contracting Company.
This role is available for immediate joining and is a direct hire, permanent placement with our client.
- Prepare design documents, shop drawings & write specifications.
- Scrutinize tender drawings, documents and requirements to prepares proposals and RFIs
- Deals with vendors, suppliers and contractors. Review design needs with suppliers to determine who can provide the best service
- Consider materials, effects and costs, with suppliers and subcontractors and arrange samples and specs for approval.
- Prepares necessary drawings for Authorities and Client approval.
- Prepare working drawings and specifications for construction.
- Prepares project trackers, weekly progress reports and meeting minutes to be submitted to Client/Consultant
- Collaborate design with professional and technical consultants (MEP, Structures, ID)
- Regular site inspections, a close cooperation with the site supervisors and the sub-contractors and an elaborate follow-up with the project manager and the client
Design Coordinator Experience:
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in Architecture, Engineering or related
- 5+ years of post-qualification experience in a similar capacity
- Demonstrable expertise in Design Coordination for commercial, residential, hospitality and mixed use projects
- Good knowledge and experience in working in recognised engineering or Main Contracting companies
- Strong Design capabilities in Revit and other design softwares
- Proven ability to manage multiple workstreams and projects concurrently
- Able to work independently and work under pressure
- Self-motivated, able to prioritise work with target-oriented approach
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written
- UAE driving license is essential
Interested candidates are invited to share their up to date CV and details directly to email@example.com for further review and process
Date Posted: 15 Mar 2023