Road / Highways Design Engineer - Consultancy - 3 Month Contract
United Arab Emirates | Contract
Our International Engineering Consultancy client has a new requirement for a well experienced Consultant Roads & Highways Design Engineer to join their team in Dubai to work on new projects in the Emirates. Successful candidates will have extensive experience as a Consultant Highways Design Engineer ideally with a recognised consultancy company background.
This role is available for immediate joining and is an initial temporary contract position for 3 months outsourced through J10 Consulting.
- Preparation of all design stages of road geometry, signing and marking, ancillary works of major urban and inter-urban road projects, incorporating tunnels, sophisticated grade separation interchanges, and service roads, investigation of alternatives, route selection and preparation of the main items of bill quantities.
- Assigning work to junior engineers, supervising work, acquiring Road Design approvals.
- Coordination with local authorities for Road geometry, TIS approvals.
- Responsible for the submission, discussion and follow up with local authorities for approvals and permits in coordination with department local authority Engineer.
- Work coactively with the design team, collaborate closely with sub-consultants and liaising with clients ensuring their satisfaction.
- Responsible for acquiring Road Design approvals, work closely with TIS consultant in obtaining approval from the concerned authorities.
Highways Design Engineer Experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in similar field with proven track records in road design including 3 years’ current UAE experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering. Master’s degree would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge with the local authority procedure, standards and regulations in UAE is essential.
- Expertise in Civil 3D.
- Conversant with local authority approval procedure related to road design.
- Road Safety Audit Certificates would be an added advantage.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Experience in Traffic Impact Study, Traffic modeling will be beneficial.
- Inter Discipline coordination.
- Familiar with the local authority procedure, standards and regulations in UAE.
- Experienced in authority NOC/approval/permit procedure.
- Good team player.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
Interested candidates are invited to share their up to date CV directly to email@example.com for further review and shortlisting.
Date Posted: 15 Mar 2023