Senior Planner - PMC - 3 Month Contract
United Arab Emirates | Contract
Our Global Project Management Consultancy client has a new requirement for a well experienced Consultant Senior Planning / Project Controls Engineer to join their team in Abu Dhabi. Successful candidates will have a proven background as a Planning Engineer on a mix of civil construction and infrastructure projects in the UAE and have a proven track record of working in recognised consultancy or PMC Companies.
This role is available for immediate joining and is an initial 3 month contract position as an outsource through J10 Consulting.
- Development & Implementation of efficient Planning Functions, such as Work Break down Structure, Master schedule review, Manpower histograms & Cost loading, Progress Measurement System and coordination.
- Schedule/Progress Reviews and provides recommendation for approval and/or comments on the contractor's schedule submissions, relying on relevant contract terms & conditions and best practices.
- Production of project status reports and management of project dashboards.
- Liaise with Project Management to support teams and monitor performance to ensure adherence to standards and procedures.
- Review of Time Extension Claims, Forensic analysis of schedules, Risk analysis and Continuous improvement strategies.
- Understands and applies engineering, procurement, and construction terminology, concepts, and relationships
- Develops and maintains critical path logic networks and bar charts utilizing this information.
- Reviews contractor's schedule/progress updates, and weekly and monthly progress reports, and validates accuracy of progress data in coordination with the site team.
- Records any deviations and/or deficiencies in the progress of works, and drafts notification letters to contractors highlighting the areas of concern in terms of factors affecting the schedule/progress of the works.
- Leads the development of weekly & monthly progress reports and progress presentations, taking the lead for all schedule/progress related data, and coordinating with the project team to collate other inputs (quality, safety, commercial, etc).
- Presents progress progress status at meetings.
- Coordinate with site engineers and inspectors who shall verify the contents of the Daily Progress Reports and provide verified data to be reflected on the original Contractors' submission EOT Claims.
- Provide input/details on the project program as part of time impact analysis and claims determination.
- Generate tabular and graphic reports for baseline targets and actual earned values and forecasting.
- Pursue the implementation of technological advancements and digital innovations in the field of planning, monitoring and record keeping.
Senior Planner Experience:
- Minimum B.Sc degree in a relevant engineering discipline
- Minimum of 12-15 years relevant experience and at least 3 in a recognised consultancy or PMC company
- Detailed understanding of statutory authorities, processes, and time frames for approvals in Abu Dhabi;
- Candidates will demonstrate that they can not only use the software (eg Primavera P6) but understand how to plan, have chaired necessary workshops with functional managers, that they can articulate the plan to senior managers and have wider quantitative project controls experience.
- Good Understanding of Critical Path and Delay Analysis Techniques and can perform time impact and claim analysis.
- Certification in planning and scheduling of projects and in using Primavera applications (Primavera Project Management / P6 and Primavera Contract Management / Expedition)
- Competency in working with PIMBOK (Rev 5) and PMI registration will be well regarded.
Interested candidates are invited to share their up to date CV and details directly to email@example.com for further review and process
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2023