Technical Architect - Design Consultancy
United Arab Emirates | Permanent
Our Multi National Architectural Design Consultant client has a new requirement for a well experienced Technical Architect to join their team in Dubai, UAE to work on new hospitality, commercial, ,ixed use and residential projects in the Emirates. Successful candidates will have a proven background as a Technical Architect on similar projects in the UAE and the wider GCC and a proven background working in a recognised PMC or Design Consultancy business with strong technical design skills
This role is available for immediate joining and is a direct hire permanent role employed by our client.
- Technical Architect is responsible for executing procedures and developing technical solutions to enhance the project workflow process. This position requires a mastery of architectural fundamentals and the ability to apply this knowledge throughout the entire project lifecycle.
- The Technical Architect will provide support to the project team, utilizing a wide range of technical skills. This role involves coordinating work across multiple disciplines to ensure the highest quality across all phases of multiple projects.
- The Technical Architect must demonstrate a thorough understanding of project scope and possess the capability to analyze, evaluate, and manage smaller to mid-sized projects with minimal assistance.
- Provide technical leadership to the project team. This involves guiding and mentoring other architects and technical staff, ensuring the application of best practices, and promoting a collaborative and innovative work environment.
- Designing and planning architectural solutions that meet the project requirements. They analyze the project scope, gather requirements from stakeholders, and translate them into architectural designs and specifications.
- Coordinates work across multiple disciplines and collaborates with various stakeholders, including project managers, engineers, designers, and clients. They ensure effective communication, alignment, and integration of architectural decisions and deliverables.
- Participate in preparation of the architectural standards, principles, and guidelines and ensures adherence of the team. They provide architectural guidance and support to the team, conduct architectural reviews, and ensure compliance with industry best practices and regulations.
- Assesses project risks and identifies potential architectural issues or challenges. They develop strategies and solutions to mitigate risks, enhance project quality, and ensure the successful delivery of architectural components.
- Ensuring the architectural integrity of the project. They conduct quality reviews, perform code inspections, and oversee the implementation of architectural solutions to ensure they meet quality standards.
- Engages with stakeholders, including clients, authorities, business owners, and project sponsors, to understand their needs, provide architectural insights, and manage expectations. They effectively communicate complex architectural concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Provides support to project managers in estimating, planning, and tracking architectural tasks and deliverables. They contribute to project documentation, reports, and presentations related to architectural aspects.
- Receive, participate, and successfully conducted the QA\QC process against all project stages.
- Liaising with the Design Manager to ensure all issues are addressed in a timely manner, and that project requirements are met.
- Acting as a mentor to new Architects and helping them fine-tune their design and technical skills and improve their industry knowledge
Technical Architect Experience:
- Minimum of BSc in Architecture or related
- Experience wise must have a minimum of 5-7 years of experience, most recent experience must be in UAE - 2 years minimum and MUST have worked for well-regarded design consultancies as opposed to Contractors.
- Software: Autodesk REVIT essential, proficiency in the usual design programmes is expected.
- Experience of hospitality, mixed use or residential projects is essential.
- Strong experience in Technical design and detailing
- Experienced in Dubai projects with local code knowledge
- Coordinates and develops Detailed Design and IFC packages
- Hands on and able to work in lead design consultant team managing subconsultants
- Supports Project Lead in managing the project
Interested candidates are invited to share their up to date CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org for further review and shortlisting.
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2023